Why volunteer to serve at Reading City Church?
Here are just a few reasons:
- Jesus leaves us an example of serving others (Mark 10:45)
- You were given at least one spiritual gift to serve others specifically within your church (1 Peter 4:10-11,)
- Serving together is at the heart of Biblical "fellowship" and will connect you more deeply to your church family (1 Corinthians 12:4-11)
- Serving with your church builds the church into a more full picture of what God intends for it (Romans 12:4-8, Ephesians 4:11-14)
Most Pressing Needs
Childcare Volunteers (Sunday Mornings)
Ministry Team Care (flexible)
We are currently only offering two classes of childcare on the 2nd and 3rd Sundays of every month. Our volunteers serve in teams of 2-3 on rotating Sundays in either the room for ages crawling - 4 or ages 5 - 10.
- Commitment: one Sunday a month (9:30 - 11:30am)
- Best Fit : those who are comfortable interacting with children and have a heart for being Jesus to some of our youngest church members.
- Requirements: Must complete all required clearances before serving
All of our ministry teams are made up of volunteers who faithfully commit time and prayers to keep the ministry operating well. We desire to have a team who is dedicated to caring and loving our volunteers. This team would help with volunteer recognition, sending birthday cards, coordinating meals if someone is sick, etc.
- Commitment: could vary, ideally a once a month meeting is suggested
- Best Fit: anyone who can easily notice needs, enjoys sending encouraging messages, or thinking of ways to show appreciation.
"I'm Stepping up!"
Please take a moment to fill out the form below and our serve coach will get back to you.
Aren't sure where to serve?
We can help with that
Our serve coach will be happy to talk with you by phone, through email or in person. First, please take a few moments to fill out the following google doc assessments.